Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Digg - Home Care Nurses Drive More Each Week Than UPS Drivers

Digg - Home Care Nurses Drive More Each Week Than UPS Drivers

medicalnewstoday.com — In this article from the site: http://www.nahc.org, which is the National Association of Home Care and Hospice; it is noted that the nurses out making house calls cover more miles per week than a UPS driver! I found this so fascinating because I worked as a Hospice Nurse for years and used to put 120 miles/day some days I was on call. Nuts!

2 comments:

  1. This is a surprise! I guess UPS drivers ideally make very short trips, with recipients grouped closely together, to make the best use of their time. Whereas home care nurses might have to travel many miles between their clients. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ferd,

    Yep, those days of the home care industry asking nurses to drive an incredible amount are over, (I hope), as I hear from Hospice nurses that the areas are now much smaller, and the radius of driving is smaller. Good, as I may go back to that!! Thanks for the comment!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.