Saturday, April 12, 2008

Welcome To My New Site!!

I want to thank my readers on the other Blog I have been on since February. I left a link on my last post to this site, and here we are!! Not so bad eh?? I will still be learning more here also, but will always concentrate on my content and focus to my readers.

In the life I find myself in, the never knowing how I am going to feel physically every day, brought a sharp stab in the area that has Neuropathy when I opened my eyes and moved. I sleep on the couch, a love seat size, it is a reclining couch and I have both recliners up, put my heating pad against where my back will be, and fall asleep usually to the TV. A doc was very surprised that I have to sleep downstairs in the family room and not in my own bed and room. I told her that if I try sleeping in my bed, I always feel as if I need a divider or something hard for me to lay against. In other words, I need my couch. I need the support against my back all night. As far as I've seen, I don't know of any beds that have a magic 'hard' piece raise out of the bed. Heck, they make beds out of adjustable air, can't they do something else with beds keeping in mind not everyone can sleep in a regular bed.

Sleeping downstairs in the family room is really not that bad. I am right next to the door that leads out to the backyard and my doggie stands at to go out. A lot. At night. Also, I know I am waking at odd hours, and instead of turning over to go back to sleep, I am wide awake and get up to make a cup of decaf coffee. I watch a bit of an old movie, and back to sleep I go. Some night I'll try my bed again. In the meantime, it is the perfect place for a lot of 'things'. Fold laundry, put receipts and other unloaded pieces of paper from my purse....just kind of has become a catch-all. I did go through all that yesterday and it looks like a bed again. Inviting looking during the day, but at night, some nights, I will say that I'm going to sleep in my bed. And I awake another day on the love seat. Ah the best laid plans of mice and men!!

Time to get my other posts over here from the old site....just a few of the good ones!!

Thanks for stopping by, and as always...
I wish you a low or no pain day.

Shauna :-)

3 comments:

  1. Shauna,

    Isn't sleep one of the most elusive things in life when you are in pain?? I have been up and down over nearly 30 years of chronic pain. Right now I am in this crazy pattern where I may go to be by 11 or 1130 and usually fall asleep, but then awaken by about 1 and up for 2 or 3 hours. And sleeping in different locations is always a possibility. I sleep in my "comfy" chair sometimes, which certainly can be preferable to bed.
    Thanks for sharing your story. I have not been doing this all that long (blogging) but started mostly because of my son who has for several years and his girlfriend.
    I think anyone who shares their story is brave since it is very personal and very emotional at times. Suffering with chronic pain influences all of those around us on a day to day basis. Don't you agree?

    Again, thanks for your honesty and openness, keep writing!

    Clint

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Clint,

    Sleep? What's that?? lol Ahhh the days of 8 hours straight sleep in a BED!! I suppose life does change, we change with life, and we must adapt to not only our surroundings, but our own physical issues that get in the way.
    I am ready to buy a new couch too so that weill be really neat. I will look at couches in a whole different light.
    I am glad you started Blogging. Isn't it just the best for purging? I am a writer down the line with nursing, and other professions; and it is hard for many people just to write their LIFE. They think it's boring and no one would want to read it. True, one needs a main Topic, aqnd after that it just flows out. I agree Clint, anyone who shares their life is connecting with so many people that feel exactly as this 'person' who is writing things on some site. I appreciate each and every one of my readers. Feels like starting over as a newbie...I am a noob on Blogger, but have over 1500 view since end of Feb. on the other host, when I started it so someone was reading!!

    Thanks again for your comment, and you probably don't know just how much it means to me.
    Take Care & Peace,
    Shauna

    I am going to go look and read your Blog Clint, I don't know how new you are to this, I am trying to link anyone who contacts me at least into Delicious. I am learning as I go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna,

    Yes you found me, and I have published your comments. For some reason the shorter one disappeared, but hey, I am new to this whole process. I believe I told you that my son turned me onto the Wordpress site and so that is where I stuck. No better, no worse than any other I guess, but a great venue for those of us who are trying to put our emotions into words. I went to your old site and read a bunch last night but have not had time to comment, which I will try and do tomorrow.
    Did I tell you that I am a Respiratory Therapist? So your use of technical jargon is very cool. I have not worked in hospital practice in number of years for obvious reasons, but I did teach at a community college in upstate NY until a couple of years ago when we moved here, to northern VA. Am still in limbo a bit, mostly due to my own actions, and the fact that the need for a revision of my total hip showed up during the move from NY!! So December of 06 I had it done and am functioning pretty well again following a post-op infection in my prosthesis, several months of IV antibiotics and more months of oral ones! Good as new, right??

    Take care!! Sorry for the protracted comment!!

    Clint

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.