Thursday, December 25, 2008

Thankful This Christmas

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas on this special day...May you all know that when I write, I write from my heart, and my heart is wishing you a day of no pain....so you may enjoy this day to the fullest! Keep close to those that you love, those that love you, that bring you joy and laughter, a feeling of being cared for and safe...take a moment to be thankful for the dawn we are given, which brings us a new day, a new set of choices, adventures, and a chance to not only change our lives, but change the world through those choices....for we are all connected....all we do affects someone, somewhere, somehow.

Even though my life is very hard--having this pain every day...I am so blessed to have had many wonderful and unexpected experiences in my life....as odd and as beautiful as they range, I would not change anything I have done, seen, heard, touched, or chose. For they were meant to be...every single one of them....every experience...person...place...words...they have all had a profound effect on my life.

For I would not be who I am today, had I not experienced my life exactly the way it has occurred. The hazing accident at 16 in the van that rolled, me--like a shoe in a dryer in the back...Mary...the only other girl in the back with me....the other shoe...it was all meant to happen just the way it did. My pregnancy, on the other side of the world, encompassing the worst thing that has ever happened to me...also gave me the best thing that has happened....my son...healthy and perfect; gorgeous and funny, intelligent and complex....my only baby....and the star in my life.

Let us be thankful today for all that has occurred in our lives....as tough as times are right now, may we know we are blessed with a roof over our heads, warm and with a place to lay our heads...our aching backs....our hearts....our lives.

I am Thankful.

Merry Christmas!





"The Only Constant in Life....is Change."

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you a day filled with joy and plenty of memory-making moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Carleen,

    Sweetie, I hope the same for you....just checked out your lens...you are an inspiring gal, do you know that about yourself? What you have faced and gone through is truly amazing, and come out with such a great attitude and lovely ability to convey those feelings. ACM is such an interesting disease...

    With love on the Holidays and Happy New Year!!!

    Gentle Hugs....<3
    Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna,

    Like you, I posted a "gratitude" Christmas post.

    Despite daily chronic pain, we really are fortunate to have a roof over our heads, enough food to eat, and medical care.

    It saddens me that there are homeless people out in the bitter cold who are not as fortunate!!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna it is inspiring to read this lovely post of gratitude. During the holidays, I was busy with family and friends. I would read a post but not have time to leave a comment.

    Therefore, here is my thank you for the beautiful present of your friendship. For that, I am so grateful!

    Have A Happy New Year My Kindred Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jeanne,

    It is amazing how fortunate we really are. Despite the costs we endure from our medical conditions, at least we can see our docs and so forth.... I wish you the happiest and lowest pain New Year that you can possibly have!

    Gentle Hugs my friend,
    Shauna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Mckay,

    Thank you for this wonderful comment....Your email to me was the greatest...I was speechless to read your words, and it just reminds me again and again that we are truly Kindred Spirits...for that I will be forever grateful also.

    Gentle Hugs my KS, <3

    Shauna

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.