Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Day To Be Thankful

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am so very thankful. 

Thankful for my home, for I have seen those without any place to live....

Thankful for the people in my life that love me, for I have seen those that have been completely abandoned....

For my family, for there are many without anyone to give a damn....

For those I have met with Chronic Pain, for they understand my struggles...

For the doctor who cares about and manages my pain, for there are many patients with no care at all....

For the pain I have suffered, for it reminds me how strong I am.....

I'm thankful for the hard times I've had, for they remind me that the good times are coming.....and help me to see how very blessed I am.....

For the son I was blessed with, for he has given me the purest love in my life.....

I am thankful for my God, for He has listened.....And will forever be there.....

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!

Gentle Hugs.....

4 comments:

  1. With our chronic pain overshadowing our day to day life, it's nice to shift our attention to what we have rather than what we don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shauna,
    I took my digital camara and just took pics of my MRI's and x-rays and transfered them to my computer. I never dreamed it would work, but it did! Yes, I stumbled upon Lisa Copen about 2 months ago and even follow her on twitter. I too am so thankful that I found you on the web. We have so much in common! I too spent years in nursing and performing ultrasounds for a reproductive endocrinologist before I went into healthcare adminisration. I worked in medicine for over 30 years before chronic pain made continuing impossible. I am following your progress closely and I am praying that the pump works for you. I do believe that God has a way of putting souls together, to comfort, share, encourage, and offer love. I am glad I found you and may God Bless you and give you a peaceful day. Hugs to you!
    Marien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauna,

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This is a beautiful post about gratitude. I'm sending peaceful, healing energy your way! :)

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shauna,
    Found your blog through a comment I left on "Through the Words of Chronic Pain".
    Just wanted to say "Hi" to a fellow blogger, nurse, esthetician and chronic pain sufferer!
    Take care, Jessica
    www.painfullyspeaking.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.