Sunday, April 4, 2010

Pain Blog Carnival at How To Cope With Pain

Over at How To Cope With Pain, an excellent dot org site concentrating on the subject of Chronic Pain; March 2010's Pain-Blog Carnival  is hosted.  Spotlighted are various blogs that focus on writing about the subject of pain; from migraines to gastrointestinal pain.

I am thankful for also being included in this Carnival!  They chose my post about the reality of filling monthly medications.  I received a lot of emails from those that understood exactly what I go through every month, and shared some interesting experiences related to the filling of medications.     

Humanity is bound by the issues we have personal experience with; and usually these are issues relating to some type of struggle in our lives.  Those that share the same struggle are immediately understanding of our lives.  By coming together, such as in these blog Carnivals, we have the opportunity to read others' words and feel something inside ourselves that we recognize.  By reading and keeping in touch with those that do suffer from the same issue as yourself, you create a support system outside of family and friends.  Online relationships built on common human struggles, are fantastic to find, and just need attention like anything else in our lives that we value.

I value my online relationships.  Thank you all for giving of yourselves to me.  For opening up to me and sharing your personal struggles and successes. 

Gentle Hugs as always...  <3

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a terrific support group. I am her to leave a few hugs from old SpeedyCat :-)

    Hi Shauna !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric!

    You are a perfect example, actually, of those that have made an impact on my life through this crazy thing called the net....you have been kind and supportive, open and caring.

    You are ONE OF A KIND and I'm hugging you right back. (Gentle ones of course!) <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOO!!!

    I was hoping that I did not have any clones ( hehee )

    Happy Week 2 U

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shauna, you're so right about being bound together through our personal experiences and struggles. Friends and family are, for the most, supportive, but our online relationships are very important because we understand what each other is going through. We even hurt for each other when someone is having a "rougher than normal" period.

    By the way, I really like your new look on your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry,

    I was so happy to read about your ride!! Could you tell I was excited for you?!?!?!? LOL

    You're so right about those of us who know each other through online meeting; yet have become so close through our dedication at paying attention and nurturing our friendships.

    Glad you like the new look over here as well! 8^)

    Gentle Hugs.... <3 Hey, that's too strong Mr.!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eric,

    Hugs, kisses and extra *winks*....

    For there will never be another Speedy!! Gentle ((((((Eric)))))

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated.